CONTACT YOUR SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVES - Let them know how you feel about gun control. To identify your Congressmen, go to: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
MEMBER CHALLENGE - This is the first club I have ever belonged
to, that did not require NRA membership; something I would very much like to see amended. The only reason that ALL of us can have our guns, is because of the effort put forth by the NRA on our
behalf. We must band together to be heard. NRA membership is far and away the best way to do this. I had been an Annual Member from 1947 until my folks gave me a Life Membership in 1950 as a birthday
As my brother said to me years ago: "It's time we put our money where our mouths are; let's upgrade to Benefactor Membership." So we did, I'm glad to say. It's one organization that truly works and works hard for its members as well as ALL gun owners, members or not.
I refuse to be a freeloader. The cause is simply too important to let it slide and be a slacker.
HANDGUN STOPPING POWER - Click Here to read a fascinating article on Handgun Stopping Power by Greg Ellifritz. Greg is the full time firearms and defensive tactics training officer for a central Ohio police department. He holds instructor or master instructor certifications in more than 75 different weapon systems, defensive tactics programs and police specialty areas.
On Medicare? Beware of two words that can cost you thousands of dollars! CLICK HERE to see the story.
Must see video clip: The Virtual President speaks on Gun Control and
the 2nd Amendment CLICK HERE.
CONTRIBUTIONS NEEDED - If you have good photos taken at the Club that you are willing to share, please send them to Lil at the email address below. If your shots include people, you must obtain their permission to publish them. If your shots include minors, permission must be obtained from a parent. No photos of members on the ranges will be posted unless they are wearing proper hearing and eye protection. Please send photos as separate files attached to your email message. Include names and the date the photo was taken.
LAWNMOWERS - The lawnmowers are for cutting grass, NOT for traveling to and from the target boards. If you have mechanical problems with a mower, park it and call someone on the Equipment Maintenance Team. Their phone numbers are on the Directory page of this website. The golf cart may be used to hang targets. Always return it to the proper location. Follow the printed instructions to recharge it.
DRINKS and SNACKS - You must pay for the drinks and snacks you get from the clubhouse, trap and skeet houses. They are 50 cents each. Put your money in the plastic containers inside each refrigerator.
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF SAFE GUN
1. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
2. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
3. Always keep the action open except when hunting or preparing to shoot.
4. Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions and that you have the proper
ammunition for the firearm you are carrying.
5. Be sure of your target before you pull the trigger.
6. Never point a firearm at anything you do not want to shoot. Avoid all horseplay with
7. Never climb a fence, tree or jump a fence with a loaded firearm.
8. Never shoot at a flat, hard surface or water.
9. Store firearms and ammunition separately.
10. Avoid alcohol and other drugs before or during shooting.
TEN WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR
1. Remove your targets. Clean up and empty the trash. Carry bulky items to a
dumpster. (We have three.)
2. Cruise the property and lock the gate if you are the last to leave.
3. Participate in events.
4. Volunteer help.
5. Show up for Workdays.
6. Come to meetings.
7. Offer helpful suggestions.
8. Willingly accept office or appointment.
9. Stay informed. Read your Club Newsletter and Alerts.
10. Pay your dues on time and notify the secretary if your phone, mailing address or
Email address change.
"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the current generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it." - John Adams
According to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story: "The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of the republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of the rulers." - (Commentaries on the Constitution, 1833)